Facility Rental Information
City facilities available for rental include the locations below. View our gallery of photos.
In order to rent a facility an application must be submitted in person to the Community Services Department at 2175 Cherry Avenue.
Please call (562) 989-7330 to check availability.
|Acceptable payment methods are cash,
personnel check, and money orders.
- An application to reserve a facility must be completed and paid in its entirety, ten business days prior to the event (3 weeks for indoor facilities). If the reservation is made less then ten days prior to the event, all fees will be due in cash immediately.
- A permit is required for any group, public or private, of more than twenty-five persons to hold or conduct a picnic, celebration, service, or event. (Municipal Code 9.08.010 N)
- All non-refundable and refundable damage deposits are due at the time the reservation is submitted to hold the date and facility.
- The person signing the permit (applicant) must be present at the event and remain on site for the duration of the event. A picture I.D. will be required at the time of application to verify age and residency.
- To qualify for the Resident rate the permittee must live or work in Signal Hill and show proof. Residents may not rent a facility for non-residents.
- Changes to the permit mus be made in writing and only by the person whose name appears on the permit.
- Only Signal Hill residents may reserve: Discovery Well Park Picnic Shelters, Signal Hill Park Basketball Courts, and the Signal Hill Public Library Meeting Room.
- The attendance number stated on the application should be the maximum number of people anticipated during the rental. Violations of the attendance and occupancy levels may result in the loss of fees and/or deposits; may cause immediate termination of the rental due to overcrowding and safety violations; and could affect future ability to utilize City facilities.
- Cancellation must be made in writing to the Community Services Department at least ten business days prior to the event date in order to receive a refund. The non-refundable deposit will be retained upon notice to the City of cancellation. If permittee cancels less than ten business days prior to event, 50% of all fees and deposits shall be forfeited. If cancellation is made five working days or less prior to event, all fees and deposits will be forfeited.
- It is prohibited to construct or erect any building, tent or tent like structure of whatever kind in any park. (Municipal Code 9.08.010 P).
- The City has set the following rental occupancy levels for the picnic shelters and adjacent open spaces (number includes children & adults):
- 25 people per picnic table shelter
- 50 people for double picnic table shelter
- 50 people open grass area at Discovery Well Park
- 75 people open grass area at Hilltop Park for a small wedding
- 100 people open grass area at Signal Hill Park
Renting adjacent park facilities to exceed occupancy levels constitute exclusive use of the area and are in violation of the intent of this policy.