Concerned about wild animals, including coyotes?
To find out more about skunks, coyotes and information for pet owners, including information about wild animals in Signal Hill, please select the highlighted item. You can also view a recent presentation from Long Beach Animal Control regarding coyotes.
Here are some additional resources online:
• Wildlife Page: http://www.longbeach.gov/acs/urban_wildlife/default.asp
• Online Reporting: http://www.longbeach.gov/acs/wildlife/report/default.asp#
• Wildlife Watch Flier: http://www.longbeach.gov/civica/filebank/blobdload.asp?BlobID=22700
Low Cost Clinics
The Long Beach Bureau of Animal Care Services (ACS) is now providing more frequent low-cost clinics to vaccinate and license your pets for a much more manageable price. Pet owners are invited to attend these clinics, which rotate throughout four Long Beach parks on the second Saturday of each month.
ACS is taking advantage of day-long rates offered by Southern California Veterinary Vaccine Clinic (SCVVC), and scheduling two clinics on the same day. A state-licensed veterinarian from SCVVC will administer vaccinations, with no reservations necessary. Visit www.longbeach.gov/acs for a full list locations, services, and pricing, which beats low-cost prices at many area pet stores.
Purchasing Dog Licenses
All dogs four months old or older are required to have a current dog license as stated in the Municipal Code
. A permanent dog license tag is issued when a license is first purchased. A $5 fee is issued for replacement tags.
To purchase a dog license, come to the Community Services Department at City Hall:
2175 Cherry Ave.
Signal Hill, CA 90755
Or call Long Beach Animal Care Services at (562) 570-7387.
You will need to provide the following information:
- Certificate of sterility, if the dog has been spayed or neutered (reduces the licensing fee)
- Current rabies inoculation certificate, good for the entire licensing period
- History of prior licenses
- Name, address, and phone number
The following fees are for a dog license, which is valid for 12 months:
- Altered - $20
- Unaltered - $95
- Senior discount (60 years of age or older) - $10 (one altered dog per household only)
- Late Fee (60 days past due date) - $30