Community Services / Parks & Recreation
Our mission is to provide a wide variety of essential recreational, social, and library services to meet the needs of residents of all ages; support Signal Hill businesses; and further the image and livability of the City through its programs and development activities. See the links to the left and below to learn more about all Community Services has to offer.
Current Events & Activities
Community Services Department
Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
2175 Cherry Avenue
Signal Hill, CA 90755
Community Services features:
- Comprehensive youth programs, including after-school programs, summer camps, excursions, and sports
- Book clubs, story-time programs, and resource workshops at the library
- Citywide special events
- Rental spaces, picnic shelters and facilities for celebrations, meetings, and events
- Senior activities, excursions, workshops and social event
- Seven community parks, featuring walking trails, sports facilities, picnic shelters, playgrounds, and views of the Pacific Ocean
- Transportation, food assistance, and recreation scholarships for low-income residents
- Volunteer opportunities
- Arts programs, summer concerts in the park, family art-making workshops and free classes for residents
Ellen Ward Community Yard Sale
Come join your neighbors and browse through the unique items for sale.
Active Adult Newsletter
News on Active Adult activities, excursions and calendar
Signal Hill Dog Park Bricks
Be a permanent part of Signal Hill Dog Park history!
Bricks on the Hill
Be a part of Signal Hill history by purchasing a brick to be engraved in Hilltop Park
Facility Use Application
Application to rent picnic shelters and community rooms
Hilltop Hiking Trail Map
Trail system map
Notecards & Postcards
$5.00 for set of for - Proceeds benefit the Signal Hill Community Foundation
Recreation Scholarship Application
Low-income residents may be eligible for the scholarship program, call 562-989-7329 for information
Walking Trails Map
Walkways and trails of Signal Hill
Community Garden Flyer
Our garden is currently has spots open! Please call 562-989-7330 for more information.