Our mission is to provide a wide variety of essential recreational,
social, and library services to meet the needs of residents of all ages;
support Signal Hill businesses; and further the image and livability
of the City through its programs and development activities.
Community Services features:
- Comprehensive youth programs, including after-school programs, summer camps, excursions, and sports
- Book clubs, story-time programs, and resource workshops at the library
- Citywide special events
- Rental spaces, picnic shelters and facilities for celebrations, meetings, and events
- Senior activities, excursions, workshops and social events
- Seven community parks, featuring walking trails, sports facilities, picnic shelters, playgrounds, and views of the Pacific Ocean
- Transportation, food assistance, and recreation scholarships for low-income residents
- Volunteer opportunities
- Arts programs, summer concerts in the park, family art-making workshops and free classes for residents
Active Adult Newsletter
News on Active Adult activities, excursions and calendar
Bricks on the Hill
This program is currently on hold. Please call to be added to the wait-list.
Facility Use Application
Application to rent picnic shelters and community rooms
Hilltop Hiking Trail Map
Trail system map
Notecards & Postcards
$5.00 for set of for - Proceeds benefit the Signal Hill Community Foundation
Recreation Scholarship Application
Low-income residents may be eligible for the scholarship program
Walking Trails Map
Walkways and trails of Signal Hill
Bring your children for a fun time where they can hunt for eggs and candy.
Movies in the Park
Join us under the stars for a free movie and popcorn.
Community Services Department
2175 Cherry Ave.
Signal Hill, CA 90755
Ph: (562) 989-7330
Fax: (562) 989-7394
Monday - Thursday
7:30 am - 5:30 pm
Friday - 7:30 am - 4:30 pm