Community Services/ Parks & Recreation
Welcome to the City of Signal Hill Community Services Department. I invite you to browse through our site and learn about all of the amazing things happening here in Signal Hill. The goal of the Community Services Department is to provide a wide variety of parks, recreation and library services to meet the needs of residents of all ages. We are proud to offer several beautiful, clean, safe parks and miles of hiking trails where your family can get out and enjoy the wonder of nature while getting fit. We also offer after school programs for children and teens, day camp for preschoolers and a host of activities and events geared toward the 55+ crowd. Our Signal Hill Public Library offers a vast collection of print, audio and video materials for you to check out while also serving as a gathering space for those looking for a safe, quiet place to relax and read. Truly, we have something for everyone.
If you are ever in City Hall, please come upstairs and say “Hello” and allow one of our outstanding staff to share more about all we offer to make living, playing and working in Signal Hill so fun!
We All Need Parks!
Director of Community Services
Our mission is to provide a wide variety of essential recreational, social, and library services to meet the needs of residents of all ages; support Signal Hill businesses; and further the image and livability of the City through its programs and development activities.
Current Events & Activities
|Phone: (562) 989-7330
Fax: (562) 989-7394
Community Services Department
Monday - Thursday 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
Friday - 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
2175 Cherry Ave.
Signal Hill, CA 90755
Community Services feature:
- Comprehensive youth programs, including after-school programs, summer camps, excursions, and sports
- Book clubs, story-time programs, and resource workshops at the library
- Citywide special events
- Rental spaces, picnic shelters and facilities for celebrations, meetings, and events
- Senior activities, excursions, workshops and social event
- Seven community parks, featuring walking trails, sports facilities, picnic shelters, playgrounds, and views of the Pacific Ocean
- Transportation, food assistance, and recreation scholarships for low-income residents
- Volunteer opportunities
- Arts programs, summer concerts in the park, family art-making workshops and free classes for residents
Active Adult Newsletter
News on Active Adult activities, excursions and calendar
Bricks on the Hill
This program is currently on hold. Please call to be added to the wait-list.
Facility Use Application
Application to rent picnic shelters and community rooms
Hilltop Hiking Trail Map
Trail system map
Notecards & Postcards
$5.00 for set of for - Proceeds benefit the Signal Hill Community Foundation
Recreation Scholarship Application
Low-income residents may be eligible for the scholarship program
Walking Trails Map
Walkways and trails of Signal Hill
Community Garden Flyer
Our garden is currently full! Please call (562) 989-7330 to be added to the wait-list