A.R.C. (After School Recreation Club)
Welcome to the City of Signal Hill Community Services Department's After School Recreation Club (ARC). ARC is an active recreation program for kids in Kindergarten through 5th grade who attend Alvarado and Signal Hill Elementary Schools. ARC encourages health and wellness through physical activity and balanced nutrition. ARC is also a safe, supervised environment for children to be in after school, designed to help children develop social skills, a positive self image and a sense of community. We build healthy, happy kids! Pre-registration is required.
- 1st - 5th Grade Fees for the 2019-2020 school year are available here (PDF).
- Kinder Fees for the 2019 - 2020 school year are available here (PDF).
- Kinder: 1:30 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- 1st - 5th Graders: 2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
What do the kids do at A.R.C.?
- Try out a variety of sports and activities such as soccer, basketball, track and field, martial arts, dance and yoga.
- Enjoy arts & crafts and free play.
- Eat a healthy snack each day and learn how to prepare healthy snacks and meals at home.
School Pick Up
- Children are picked up at the main playground structure at their schools (Kindergarten at 1:30 p.m., 1st - 5th graders at 2 p.m. [1 p.m. on Thursday]) and are escorted to the Signal Hill Youth Center by ARC staff.
- Once a child is signed in at the Youth Center by ARC staff, they must remain on site and in program until they are signed out by an authorized adult.
- If a child does not attend ARC on a particular day, a parent/guardian must notify the ARC office before 9 a.m. so staff does not wait for the child after school.
- All staff have experience in working with children, are CPR/First Aid certified and participate in regular training.
- Most of our staff have or are pursuing degrees in Recreation & Leisure studies, Education or other related fields.
- Safety is our first priority.
- All children are picked up at school and walked to the Signal Hill Youth Center by ARC staff.
- Children are supervised at all times and are not permitted to leave the program unless they are signed out by an authorized adult.
- Children spend most of the day in the Youth Center or on the field with staff.
Off Track Hours
- The program is available from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- $66 for residents and $100 for non-residents for one week of camp.
- There may be optional activities offered throughout the year that may require an additional charge such as field trips or special events.