When should a grievance be filed?

Before filing a grievance, you may seek informal resolution by contacting the City’s Designated ADA/504 Coordinator, HR Manager, at (562) 989-7307, or hr@cityofsignalhill.org. If your informal concern is not resolved in a timely fashion, you may file a formal grievance under this procedure.

You are encouraged to file your grievance as soon as possible, but within 60 business days.

Show All Answers

1. Who may file a grievance?
2. When should a grievance be filed?
3. What should the grievance include?
4. What if I need assistance filling out my grievance?
5. What happens after I file my grievance?
6. When will I receive a response?
7. Should I be concerned that a City officer or employee might retaliate against me if I complain?
8. How long are grievances kept?