Register at the Signal Hill Youth Center:
1780 E. Hill Street
Signal Hill, CA 90755
Monday through Friday, 7:30 am - 6:00 pm
Call 562-989-7329 for more information
Welcome to the City of Signal Hill Community Services Department's After School Recreation Club (ARC). ARC is an active recreation program for kids in Kindergarten through 5th grade who primarily attend Alvarado and Signal Hill Elementary Schools. ARC engages children in a variety of recreational activities during their out of school time. ARC is designed to help children develop social skills, a positive self-image and a sense of community. Pre-registration is required.
- 1st - 5th Grade Fees for the 2022-2023 school year (PDF).
- Kinder Fees for the 2022 - 2023 school year (PDF).
- Kinder: 1:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- 1st - 5th Graders: 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
What do the kids do at A.R.C.?
- Try out a variety of sports and activities including but not limited to: soccer, basketball, track and field, dance, and yoga.
- Participate in a variety of indoor and outdoor enrichment activities based on current events, art and culture.
- Enjoy arts & crafts as well as imaginative and creative play.
- Eat an afternoon snack daily.
School Pick Up
- Children are picked up by ARC staff at Signal Hill and Alvarado Elementary Schools and escorted to the Signal Hill Youth Center.
- Kindergarten is picked up at 1:30 p.m. and 1st - 5th grade at 2:00 p.m. (1:30 p.m. on Thursday).
- Once a child is signed in at the Youth Center by ARC staff, they must remain on site and in program until they are signed out by an authorized adult.
- If a child does not attend ARC on a particular day, a parent/guardian must notify the ARC office before pick-up, so staff does not wait for the child after school.
- Staff have experience in working with children, are CPR/First Aid certified and participate in regular training.
- Most of our staff have or are pursuing degrees in Recreation & Leisure studies, Education or other related fields.
- Safety is our first priority.
- All children are picked up at school (Signal Hill and Alvarado Elementary Schools) and walked to the Signal Hill Youth Center by ARC staff.
- Children are supervised at all times and are not permitted to leave the program unless they are signed out by an authorized adult.
- Children spend most of their day in the Youth Center or participating in outdoor activities in the park.
- All of our youth programs are currently adhering to L.A. County Department of Public Health Guidelines.
- Masks are not required, but strongly encouraged.
- Children and staff will be required to wash their hands regularly.
- Each group has a designated homeroom.
- Supplies and surfaces are disinfected regularly.
- Please access your ARC parent Handbook 2022-2023 for more COVID-19 related details.