Signal Hill Public Library
The Signal Hill Public Library is a state-of-the-art, 14,000-square-foot facility that opened in August 2019.
It offers plenty of space for reading, research, technology access, community gatherings, and more. Amenities include a large Community Room for library and other events, a dynamic children’s area featuring Daisy the Dinosaur and a mural memorializing Signal Hill’s history, a wired Learning Center for technology courses and other academic endeavors, private study rooms, a teen gathering space, a History Room, the Zinnia outdoor courtyard; and Signal Point Terrace, a reservable upper deck terrace with sweeping views of the coastline. We invite you to see this incredible community asset for yourself! Floor Plan (PDF)
To download an e-Book, use your library card and pin to sign on to Overdrive.
Wireless printing is available for all Signal Hill Public Library cardholders. Send a print job from your laptop or desktop computer at home or from your mobile device while visiting us. Visit our Wireless Printing page for instructions.
Reading areas, tables, computers, and 2 study rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis to provide space for relaxing, researching, studying, and enjoying Library materials. Study rooms can only be reserved on the day of the reservation and close 15 minutes prior to closing. Reservations are for 1 hour. Visit the Reference Desk to reserve a study room.
Patrons may request books and other materials unavailable at the Signal Hill Public Library through our Inter-Library Loan Program. Patrons will be charged $2.00 each request.
Library Services for People with Print Disabilities
California’s Library Services for People with Print Disabilities, in association with the Library of Congress, provides free Braille and audio books, magazines and playback equipment to all eligible Californians unable to read standard print. Follow the California’s Library Services link to find your local braille and talking book library and sign up for free library service.
Public Access Computers
Patrons wishing to utilize the computers must possess a valid library card.
- Reservations are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Flash drives are available for use.
- Adults ages 18 and over may utilize a computer for one hour per day with limited additional time if no other patrons are waiting.
- Youths ages 10 to 17 may have internet access with signed permission from a parent or legal guardian.
- Children ages 4 to 9 may have access to pre-programmed educational games. Children under 4 must have a parent with them at all times while using the computer.
- Computer Print-out Fees: $0.15 per page in black-and-white. $0.30 per page in color.
The library offers proctored exams by appointment for a fee of $30.00 per exam either in print form or online. Please email us to schedule an exam.