Live in Signal Hill but don’t have a library card? Good news: You can get immediate access to our digital collections without first having to visit the Signal Hill Public Library location through an e-card. Sign up here.
- The e-card gives you immediate, unlimited, and free access to these online resources
- If you already have a library card, you do not need an e-card.
- Can’t remember your library card number? Please call the library at 562-989-7323 or text us at 562-284-2766 to recover your account.
Full-access Library Card
A full-access library card can be used to access both our digital and physical collections.
- Check out printed books, periodicals, technology items, CDs and DVDs.
- Reserve and use public computers at library locations.
- Library Cards are FREE with supporting documentation (see below).
Replacement card: $2.00
In order to obtain a library card, please present both of the following:
- Valid California driver’s license or identification
- Documentation of current address, such as:
- Car registration
- Personal check
- Recent piece of mail
- Utility bill
- Adults with only one item from above can obtain an e-Card, good for six months, that can be used for computers only.
- Library cards are non-transferable and must be presented in order to check out materials or use the computers.
Children may check out a total of five books. Adults may check out a total of 25 items, with a limit of five books on CD and five DVDs at a time.
See the Loan Periods & Material Fees page for additional information.
All items except DVDs may be renewed once on or before the due date if there are no reserves for any of the items. Renewals may be done in person, by phone, or by texting 562-284-2766 during regular business hours; or by logging into your online account.
If you wish to check out a book, book on CD, or magazine that is checked out to another patron, you can reserve the item in person, over the phone, or by logging into your online account.
Book reserves must be picked up within (7) days of notification.
During hours of operation, materials can be returned at the circulation desk. When the Library is closed, books, magazines, and books on CD may be returned in the book return bin outside of the Library. DVDs must be returned in the smaller return bin marked for DVDs.
For More Information
For more information about library cards and checkouts, please contact the Signal Hill Public Library at 562-989-7323.